Monday, October 20, 2014

Changes in me

In the past several months, I have had at handful of people comment on how different I've been lately--how much happier--full of joy--I've been compared to a year ago--even compared to six months ago.  I have to admit that on the one hand, it's good to know that people notice me.  On the other hand, it's sad that my depression was so very obvious.  And here I thought my mask was so effective.

That's almost funny.  

I asked a couple of the folks who have noticed the change in me if they know what has made the difference in my life and each person has answered--without hesitation--that it is JOY.  I have been reading and studying everything on JOY that I can get my hands on.  I spend my days focusing on what gives me JOY in life.  I read and re-read and memorize scriptures on JOY.  I talk about JOY and the JOY of the Lord in my Life.  And that is making all the difference in the world.

If you've been reading my blog over the past two months, you have an idea of the tragedies that have entered my life and that continue to be a part of my life.  It has been a long, difficult road of struggles wherein I am not so sure I traveled with any level of confidence or safety.  But in recent months, I have found myself driving a new, bright, shiny, PINK (because I love pink) car and it feels GREAT.

I have a long way to go in my journey to complete healing and a life full of COMPLETE Joy--a life where Joy fills my heart soul completely rather than mostly, but at least I know I am ON that journey and that I am on the right road.  I will probably still hit a few bumps along the way, but I have the tools to stay the course.  I can change my flat tires by praising the Lord as I work.  I can fill an empty gas tank as I dance with Joy.  I can get to my journey's end filled with Joy the Lord.  I can do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment