Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Achieving goals

As part of my recovery and choosing JOY regardless of what I've been through, I made a conscious decision to live my life with intentionality. So in January of 2014, I completed a dreamboard using dreamitalive.com. My dreams as noted on that dream board were--and still are: 

1. Marriage restoration--complete marriage restoration
2. Take a group of students to England (and see a play performed in the "new" Globe theater)
3. Be "Teacher of the Year"--or at least nominated for it
4. Go back to Disney and stay at a Disney resort for no less than 7 days
5. Get healthy--not really to lose weight, but to be healthy
6. "I am holding a copy of my new book in my hand. It's beautiful. It's the cover God showed me in a vision 15 years ago. Others are reading it and being blessed as a direct result of my story. God is being honored. - See more at: http://www.dreamitalive.com/pandapaw48/dreamboard#sthash.1xQPXTIC.dpuf"

I have had that dreamboard image tacked to my corkboard bulletin board on the door to my pantry in my kitchen ever since I created it. I see it every single day. I have prayed over it. Not much has changed about it--except that some of my dreams have come true....

1. Marriage restoration--complete marriage restoration--within a year of creating this dreamboard, my husband and I attended a "Weekend to Remember" event with FamilyLife Today. During that weekend, we re-committed ourselves to one another and renewed our vows. I'd call that a marriage restoration!
2. Take a group of students to England (and see a play performed in the "new" Globe theater)--I'm still trying for this one. I recently requested from the powers that be the opportunity to take a group of students to England, but because of recent travel restrictions, it's a no-go. I'll try again in a few months--once things have settled down as far as traveling is concerned. I'm not giving up!!!
3. Be "Teacher of the Year"--or at least nominated for it--as of today, March 21, 2017, I have been nominated for the "Excellence in Teaching" award for this year. (It means the same thing as "Teacher of the year.") I am truly humbled and honored for this nomination and I honestly mean it when I say that it is an honor just being nominated. It is a dream come true; one I put on my dreamboard as a "secret" dream that I didn't tell anyone about...until now. Now for the work of putting together all the necessary paperwork needed to fulfill my nomination requirements!
4. Go back to Disney and stay at a Disney resort for no less than 7 days--it'll happen....one day!
5. Get healthy--not really to lose weight, but to be healthy--So this one has been very difficult. I did start going to the pool; I even got a membership at a local gym with a pool. I was going at least 4 times a week. But then I got busy and had to pull back and I haven't had a chance to go now in more than a year. I want to go.....
6. "I am holding a copy of my new book in my hand. It's beautiful. It's the cover God showed me in a vision 15 years ago. Others are reading it and being blessed as a direct result of my story. God is being honored. - See more at: http://www.dreamitalive.com/pandapaw48/dreamboard#sthash.1xQPXTIC.dpuf"--the reality of publishing a book I've written is becoming more and more real. I still have a lot of work to do, but I'm being very proactive. I know that this dream will come to pass SOON!!!

I know that there are those who will read this blog entry and roll their eyes in reaction to what they perceive as me bragging or rubbing my successes in their faces. I can't help how some people respond. I'm truly sorry if you are one of these; I am not sharing because I want to brag or rub it in anyone's face. I am sharing because I want to Praise my God for what He has done and is doing in my life! 
Psalm 71:15, NLT: "I will tell everyone about your righteousness. All day long I will proclaim your saving power, for I am overwhelmed by how much you have done for me."



No comments:

Post a Comment