Wednesday, November 26, 2014

100 Reasons Family is Important

‪#‎Journaling Prompt: Blood Is Thicker Than Water. Write 100 reasons that family is important.

1.  Simply because I love them.
2.  And because they love me....Hallelujah.....whether I'm love-able or not!
3.  They are PRESENT when I need them--even when they are far away.
4.  I try to be PRESENT when they need me--even if I can't BE in the same room.
5.  They are always on my side--even if/when I am in the wrong.
6.  They always have my back. (I know it's basically the same things as #4, but I have 95 more of these to go!)
7.  They know how to make me feel special.
8.  They know how to make me feel important.
9.  They know how to make me feel loved.
10.  They encourage me.
11.  They believe in me.
12.  I learn from them.
13.  They tell me the truth....what I NEED to hear, not what I WANT to hear.
14.  They provide desperately needed support.
15.  They pick me up when I fall down.
16.  Of all the people in my life, I know that they would sincerely miss me were anything ever to happen to me.
17.  I never have to doubt them...in any way, shape, form, or fashion.
18.  Whether we apologize or not for wronging one another, we ALWAYS forgive one another.
19.  My mom knows what love to eat and she does her best to make those things for me or to provide them for me.
20.  My dad knows I love to talk and even though he isn't a big talker himself, he lets me talk and will even respond to me.
21.  My sister cares enough to want me to get healthy and she tries to live by example.  (I try to pay attention.  I really do.)
22.  My brother has always been my hero.  He might beat me up--well, he used to, but I have always known that he would fight to the death for me if the need arose.
23.  My parents have kept me fed for most of my life.
24.  My parents have clothed me for most of my life.
25.  Mom and Baba even used to make my clothes for me since it has always been so difficult finding anything to fit properly--what with my being so short and wide.
26.  Baba gave me a love for women's ankles!  :)
27.  Gramdpa taught me so much about faith and how to live out my faith.
28.  Grandpa was THE BEST hugger in the world!  I want to be just like him!
29.  Mom hugs me every time she sees me.  (Sometimes I even get kisses!)
30.  Dad hugs me every time he sees me.  (Sometimes I even get kisses from him, too!)
31.  Katie hugs me every time she sees me!
32.  Kenny hugs me, too, albeit begrudgingly!  :)  It's ok.
33.  Kella hugs me every time she sees me!
34.  Kenny and Kella have come to be with me--to sit with me--over the years when I have had my various surgeries....even when all I was able to do was sit and/or sleep.  Thank you!!!!
35.  Ellen hugs me when she sees me, too!
36.  Ellen cuts my hair!  She would probably do it for free, but I love that she has grown up to do something so awesome and I am proud to be able to thank her in payment for helping me look at least halfway decent, if not pretty!
37.  Scott hugs me when he sees me, too!
38.  Even Nate gives me hugs!  
39.  James' side of our family has always made me loved and welcome, too.
40.  When I spilled my soft drink on Betty Ruth's white carpet the first time I ever met her, she never made me feel stupid for doing it--even though I'm sure under normal circumstances she would have passed out seeing her carpet stained like that!  Thank you, Betty Ruth!
41.  The Watson clan has always tried to work with our schedules and visits home so we could see and visit with as many of them as possible.
42.  I even get hugs from so many of my beloved Watson family members!
43.  They put up with my quirks.
44.  They put up with my eccentricities.
45.  They indulge my passion for books!
46.  They indulge my passion for pandas!
47.  They put up with my passion for life--in other words, my being LOUD!
48.   They KNOW me...the REAL me.
49.  They GET me.
50.  I always have a place to stay when I visit.
51.  They actually come visit me because they WANT to see me and spend time with me!
52.  They read my facebook posts!
53.  They "Life" my facebook posts!
54.  They read my blog entries!
55.  They read a lot of stuff that I write and share with them.
56.  They even seem to want to read some of the things I write!
57.  They will read books I suggest they read.
58.  They will watch movies I recommend.
59.  They recommend books to me--that I read.
60.  They recommend movies to me--that I watch.
61.  They will watch a tv show I recommend.
62.  I read books they recommend.
63.  I watch movies they recommend.
64.  I watch tv shows they recommend.
65.  We have inside jokes.
66.  I get hugs from each of my uncles, too!
67.  They share my faith.
68.  They come to my defense--quickly.
69.  Mom cuts my toenails for me--when she is able!
70.  We actually WANT TO spend time together.
71.  When we spend time together, we get along--mostly!
72.  Dad builds things for me--bookshelves, a swing, a cabinet where I've kept my DVDs for years, and on and on....
73.  Dad fixes things for me--the list is too long even to try to begin!
74.  We LAUGH together.....a lot.  (This is one of my favorites.)
75.  They laugh at my inane jokes.
76.  They love my son--as much as I do....
77.  They support my decisions--right, wrong, or just plain unusual.
78.  They buy things for me that I actually like.
79.  They buy things for me that I actually want.
80.  Even when I have been too busy to call, they still contact me.
81.  They actually THINK about me periodically!
82.  They don't criticize--too much!  :)
83.  They know what makes me tick.
84.  They let me help them--when I am able!  Or know what I am doing!
85.  Plain and simply, they are WONDERFUL.
86.  Mom and Dad took us all to Disney World several times when we were kids!
87.  Katie went with James, Samuel, and I to Disney World last year--because I wanted to go!
88.  They always make me feel at home.
89.  They remember.
90.  They have looked through the many scrapbooks I have made!
91.  They have gone all the way out to Missouri even just to
visit me.  Now THAT's true love!
92.  We sing together.
93.  We play together.
94.  We all love to play board games--together.
95.  We all love to play card games--together.
96.  They know my friends as well as I do--sometimes even better than I do!
97.  Their friends become my friends simply by association.
98.  My friends become their friends simply by association.
99.  They love me.  They really do love me!
100.  They PRAY FOR ME.


No comments:

Post a Comment